RhinoWrap® is a hybrid carbon fiber and fiberglass composite wrap system used to rehabilitate and restore strength to low pressure, low risk corroded and eroded piping systems. RhinoWrap® is engineered to provide strength that enables a pipe to be restored to normal operating pressure without shutting down.
The system is comprised of the two components, thoroughly and independently tested at both the university and national laboratory levels. The first component, and most unique feature of the RhinoWrap® system, is its hybrid bi-directionally woven carbon/fiberglass material, which provides reinforcement in the hoop and axial directions and is the strongest low risk non-metallic repair on the market. The second part of the binding force in the system is the polymeric epoxy resin, which allows for uniform loading thoroughly the entire wrap.
As a flexible wet lay-up system, RhinoWrap® can be installed on tees, elbows, straight runs of pipe. This flexible system is also easily applied in confined spaces and irregular surfaces that require structural reinforcement or leak containment. The adhesive properties of the epoxy allow it to be applied to most substrates. Each kit is designed to cover a specific square footage amount with 4 options of cloth width.
Features and Characteristics
- Superior alternative to clamps.
- All pipe sizes.
- Straight length, elbows, tees.
- Compatible with carbon steel, stainless steel, alloys, PVC, fiberglass and more.
- Low profile.
- Designed for pressures up to 150 Psi.
- Online training on www.rhinowraponline.com
- Carbon fabric wrap (PAN-Polyacrylnitrile) and Fiberglass.
- High corrosion resistance.
- Long service life.
- RhinoWrap® 100% solids epoxy systems for chemical resistance.
- No VOCs.
- No hot works. / No welding.
- Supplied as a complete kit.
- Chemically resistant.
- Fast curing.
- Extensively tested in lab and the field.